Monday, October 29, 2012

Goodbye 张家港, Hello 苏州

So I officially moved to Suzhou this weekend. Suzhou is located about 1.5 hours south of ZJG and is only about a 30 minute train ride away from Shanghai. I learned recently that Suzhou is actually a Sister City to Portland, Or. The Portland Chinese Garden is an exact replica of a traditional Suzhou garden. So I know its not just coincident I like it better. I am living in Suzhou Industrial Park, SIP for short, and despite its name it's actually very pretty and modern. I live just around corner from Jinji Lake. I enjoyed my time in ZJG and will miss all the friends I made, but now I'm closer to other members and church. Not to mention, Starbucks, Cold Stones, Subway, Burger King, Sephora and H&M.


Here's a look at my new apartment:


Can we say fate?
Living Room
Kitchen
Bedroom, its much smaller than in my last apt.

My new bookcase from Ikea


1 comment: