Sunday, December 2, 2012

High-Rise Happy Hour Hopping

This past week my work sent me and two of co-workers to Shanghai for training. Since I normally have to work evenings this felt like a mini vacations. I got to go out and see some of the local night life but my favorite thing was hitting up the bars in the five-star hotels downtown. 

A co-worker and I first went to the 91st floor in the Shanghai World Financial Center, sometimes called "the bottle opener". There is an observation deck on the top of the building but getting a drink in the restaurant was actually cheaper. With that said, drinks were still pretty expensive, even my mock-tail was pricy but it has by far the best views in all of Shanghai. The view includes downtown, the Huangpi River and The Bund. 

Shanghai World Financial Center

View from the Shanghai World Financial Center

Jin Mao Tower and Oriental Pearl Tower

View of The Bund 

Next we went just across the street to 87th floor of the Jin Mao Tower. Their service was by far better and the views were just as spectacular. Shanghai is an ok city during the day but at night it comes alive with lights and color.


Jin Mao Tower 


View from the Jin Mao 


SWFC and Jin Mao 
 I had such a great time feeling like a jet-setting, globe trotting, happy hour hopping socialite. Anyone is welcome to come join me next time ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment