Sunday, May 13, 2012

5 Days to go!



Lots of people have been asking me about what I'll be doing and where I'll be living. I have a year long contract with a local school teaching English, I believe it will be with adults. Luckily for me they already know English but want to refine it, make it sound less bookish. I'm really excited to get the chance to hone my teaching talent, I've always been comfortable teaching but haven't ever done it professionally so this will be a new twist on a current skill. As for where I'll be living, it's a city named, Zhangjiagang (anyone know how to say it?) Its located about 2 hours west of Shanghai and next to the Yangtze River. It looks like its pretty urbanized with shopping malls and coffee shops, they have a Wal-Mart too. Click the link to find out more and I attached a few photos of the city to give you an idea of what it will be like. The school will have a temporary apartment set up for me when I arrive then will help me find an apartment more long term. They also give me a monthly housing stipend that will cover my rent. The cost of living is pretty cheap so I am looking forward to saving some money. :) 

I've got a lot to do in the next few days which is kind of stressful but I'm super excited to get this new chapter in life started!! 

P.S. If anyone has any good tips or fun facts about where I'll be going please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment