Saturday, August 4, 2012

Finally Got Out of the House




So after weeks of feeling like I was confined to either my house or work I had the chance to get out and explore the city some more. My friend Nick is letting me borrow his card to use the free bikes that are placed all around the city. What a difference a little mobility can make, I'm not stuck in just me little area of town anymore. 

Friday was the first day I had off in the past few weeks that I didn't (a) have to work at my part time job or (b) take the 4 hour round trip excursion to Suzhou for church. Which meant I had a whole day to do whatever I wanted! So I went to another one of Zhangjiagang's beautiful parks. 


Jiyanghu Park is a large park located south of town, incidentally its also where are the super rich people must live cause there were some big town houses nearby. It has a large lake surrounded my trees and walking trails. Located in the middle of the lake is a small island with several pagodas rising out from the trees. There is even a beach where people, mainly children, can go swimming. That was quite a shock since I had only heard that people swam indoors. But it was a nice surprise. I even put my feet in. 




Tonight, I met up with my friend Nick and we went to the local Shopping Park. I've been there before but not when it was all lit up at night. There is an arcade, movie theater and lots of restaurants. After dinner we went to the cafe at the top of the shopping park tower, I have no idea what it's really called. There are gorgeous views of the whole city and it reminded me of home. I didn't know Zhangjiagang could be so pretty. 




No comments:

Post a Comment