Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy 3 Months China!


Time fly when you're having fun, but I don't think that statement applies to China. Its been three months since I completely changed my life and up and moved to other side of the world. And it has felt like three months. Its been an interesting experience thus far. I've really enjoyed being in a new culture and meeting new people but it hasn't been the grand adventure I had expected. I have this weird feeling towards China, I in no way feel like I want to leave and come home but the town I am living in is in this perpetual state of cultural Limbo. They have not progressed to sophistication like that in Beijing or Shanghai but they are not peasant farmers either. They enjoy shopping and video games but have no desire to experience anything outside their comfort zone. In one word: Boring.  

With that said I am trying really hard to move to Suzhou, it is a larger city, closer to Shanghai, more members live there and its just all around a better city to live in. There is another single girl, Sisi, in my ward who is looking for a roommate and it would be awesome if we could live together. It's been a great experience having my own apartment but a roommate would be fun to have.

I'm asking everyone to pray that I can 1) find a new job in Suzhou, 2) leave this job on good terms, 3) move in with Sisi. Please keep me in your prayers!  

I'm excited to see what happens in the next three months and what other adventures I can have.

1 comment:

  1. Once you get past 3 months it starts to go faster! We're jealous of you! We miss it like crazy

    ReplyDelete